The New Life

Based around Harry Potter 3 generations after the end of the books. New struggles are stirring, which side are you on?

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

DEBATE: Father Christmas, Mythical or Magical?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kate
Head Mistress
Head Mistress

Female Gemini Dog
Birthday : 1994-05-27

RPG Section
Character Name: Jessica Rivers
Race: Witch

PostSubject: DEBATE: Father Christmas, Mythical or Magical?   Tue 22 Dec 2009, 3:57 am

So we have all  heard of the big guy, Santa, Father Christmas, St Nick, whatever he is called, it is generated around the same idea. A guy comes into your house on Christmas eve down your chimney and leaves you presents or coal depending on whether or not you have been good or bad. Ever since the tale arrived there has been people who speculate as to the truth. 

My question to you is, Father Christmas, Mythical or Magical?

Points will go to the most active and the strongest arguments. and dont forget, if you normally go for, try the against position and visa versa. It can be fun!

I am also Hale and Jason!

Last edited by Kate on Thu 24 Dec 2009, 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://newlife.heavenforum.com
Mai
2nd Year
2nd Year

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Father Christmas, Mythical or Magical?   Thu 24 Dec 2009, 4:30 am

Santa is a magical charecter developed by childrens belife and trust. He is hardly different from God in the fact he wouldnt be there if it wasnt for everyone else. He brings happiness to every body, weather they believe on not. I could arguge that he could exist, even though there is not scientific proof. If you argue that he doesn't exist you must ask you what grounds you have for not believing and suggest you take the view of Luna and read the Quibbler more often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Father Christmas, Mythical or Magical?   Thu 24 Dec 2009, 2:56 pm

Mythical could actully be understood as something with magical properties. One belief about Santa is that he can travel the world bringing gifts to good children - could this not be possible to something both magical or mythical? It would be possible for something macigal OR mythical to do this - but it does depend what magical powers the mythical being has.
Back to top Go down
Hale
1st Year
1st Year

Female Gemini Dog
Birthday : 1994-05-27

RPG Section
Character Name: Hale Cork
Race: Witch

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Father Christmas, Mythical or Magical?   Wed 13 Jan 2010, 12:51 am

I personally believe that the legend of Father Christmas - our very own saint nick - IS true. Why should we be forced to believe otherwise? As a wise boy once said, Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist! Look at God. How many people around the world believe? Quite a few I would say! And look at all of the evidence of the big bang which contradicts God's existence, yet people do not waver in their faith! How can we argue that Father Christmas is not real when we have no substantial evidence to believe otherwise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://newlife.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Father Christmas, Mythical or Magical?   

Back to top Go down

DEBATE: Father Christmas, Mythical or Magical?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1